Sunday, August 31

A Tribute To Plumb (She Rocks!)

I must admit, I only learned about them several weeks before their concert here. But don’t get me wrong..I know her songs. In fact, I love it! But it’s just now that I discovered that those songs were actually sung by Plumb. Pathetic, huh?


So when I heard that they’ll be having a concert here (no hesitations on the side), I made a bee--line to the mall to get me some ticket for the show!


Twinand I arrived at the venue an hour early. While waiting for the others to arrive, we managed to find ourselves a few meters from the stage! Woohoo! I got some real good pictures of the band! Yey!


The concert rocked! I mean,totally!


It started on time! A rare happening in the Philippines, I must say. The front act was Barbie's Cradle, one of my fave local groups. They were good but of course it’s nothing compared to the main act. After they performed, the Deejays of the host Radio Station gave away some shirts to kill time while Plumb’s getting ready for their set. I wanna inject this because I want to rave about this cutie who went up the stage to join the contest. Wow, was he a hottie?! My hands itched because I wanted to grab my camera and start snapping pictures of him. But I thought otherwise because it would really be obvious if I start raising my arm and start shooting at him when he’s not a celebrity. Plus, he showed up with his girlfriend so there.


Finally, the main act took the stage. Everyone went wild when Tiffany came out. Technology totally won over that night; video and digital cameras, cellphones and PDAs with camera were all seen overhead. Everyone was trying to get a clear shot of the band. And did I say that Tiffany was a darling!? I get to watch her video of ‘Real’ and to be honest, it was spooky because she ‘disturbingly’ looked like Celine Dion. But she’s a doll in person and she definitely knew how to entertain the crowd. She was so lively and animated. I loved it when she sang ‘Nice, Naïve and Beautiful’ and she somehow forgot the lyrics. Haha! It made me love her more!


The night would’ve been perfect if it weren’t for those Brent students who were pissing each other off. Our group had a hard time concentrating on the band because they kept a steady stream of childish prats.


After two hours and much to everyone’s dismay, the band finally bid good night. Of course, there’s the expected encore but we can’t seem to get enough of Plumb. We finally trooped out of the Rockwell tent when we realized they wouldn’t be coming back.


Hohum. I guess the pictures and video I’ve taken apart from the MP3s I have will suffice.


One thing’s for sure, Plumb got me; hook, line and sinker.

Author's note: You can check out the pics at this link

No comments: