Monday, August 18

Musings of Summer

Weekend was spent hibernating..
Armed with a dozen (I'm exaggerating) DVDs and a finger skateboard..
I was ready for a marathon while mastering my finger skating (non) skill..
I was finally able to see the ending of MG Season 2.
It made my thirst to travel escalate to unknown heights...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This week..I am reunited with the 'normal' beings..
Again, I'm able to rouse before anyone does..see the changes take place...'from obscurity to light that is morning'..
Once again I get to commune with nature. The walk I take towards my ride is like an exercise for my soul.
It's great because I get to do my errands without having to sacrifice my sleeping prowess.
It's good because I get to hang out with my 'normal' friends...
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have been wanting a change..
A stir in an otherwise tranquil lake is what I need. I guess being in the morning shift is my first step.
Second is to set my goals straight so I can finally carry out my dreams..
I have been feeling edgy lately and I know I owe it all to my bottled up emotions and desires..
I thought if I could earn enough money, make ends meet..I'll be contented.
But I had a sudden realization...this isn't the life I wanted.
I want to travel..I want to discover the world and at the same time discover something more about myself..
'Spread my wings and fly' as the song goes. Before, I would always tell myself that I'll travel once I meet my soulmate. I have always imagined myself in some distant place..an exotic beach perhaps..and holding my hand is the guy I'll be spending the rest of my life with..we look towards the sunset..hear the waves crashing and know that no matter what happens, we'll stay together..
Sounds chessy huh? But I'm entitled to my own fairytale..so beat it!
But kidding aside, I want to take a trip. And I don't think I should just stay cooped up in one corner hoping Mr. Right would come by anytime soon.
I'm taking control of my destiny. I finally know what I want to do and I hope I stay focused.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My confused self has finally been abated.
I can render myself unconcerned about all the things going on around me. I am starting to acquire the ability to dismiss any unfamiliar emotion that may hinder my growth as an apathetic individual.
But I know I can't stay that way forever. I am after all human.
I am bound to feel..to breathe all that is around me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I heard someone's gonna leave the nest again.
I know this type of profession doesn't have the long term comfort we're looking for. So I am somehow happy for her but I feel for those that will be left. It would always feel that way everytime someone leaves. It's always the same loneliness that we feel knowing that no one stays..people do come and go and nothing's gonna stay the same.
Although our hearts bleed for the person we have come to know but have decided to move on, I am somehow happy...that I became a part of that person's life.
Thanks, girl.

No comments: