Saturday, August 9

Goodbye

I really hate 'goodbyes'.
Maybe because most of the time I end up crying. Whether I'm the one being left or vice versa.
I just saw my dear friend to the airport. She'll be working in the NA for G*d knows how long. I know I'll see her again, but when...I'm not sure.
I remember a lot of dear friends who have said goodbye before. Some of them I didn't get to see again, some I get to be reunited with after such a long time.
A hug, a kiss, a simple smile seem to do no good. I want to gather them all in my arms and never let go.
But life's like that. As the old cliche goes: People come and go.
But why do I sense that they end up leaving me..
Maybe I'm just letting the moment sweep me off to a more melancholic mood.
The time will come when it will be my turn to bid adieu..
I'll pack my bags, cry and think back on everything and everyone I have met.
My turn will come when I have to leave everything behind and venture to some unknown horizon.
My turn will come when I will be seeing a different sunset.

My turn will come...someday.

No comments: