Tuesday, September 2

Sesame St. & Melrose Place - Season Ender

I do two things during my off; I either go out with friends and stay out all night, or laze at home, lock myself up in my room and sleep. This week, I did the latter.


It’s my off today but I’m at the office. Hmm.. The peeps here at work wanted to know why I’m spending my valuable off at the office. I told them I didn’t want to stay at home.


Why? Why the hell not?!


I feel bad at home. I don’t like to see my ‘rents. I feel that every ounce of respect I have for them is slipping away every time I see them at home. But I’m sorry because I’m just not ready to write it down here. I tried, but I ended up crying so I guess I’ll drop the topic for the meantime.


Let’s just talk about something else.


A friend mentioned that it’ll be his second year with our company. Well, it’ll also be my second year in a few months’ time. And he’s right..it got me thinking.


In as much as I would like to move on and venture to some greener pastures, I can’t help but look back and realize how I owe a lotta things to the company. When I broke up with my boyfriend, I was really at a lowest point in my life and when I finally landed a job here; it was my first step to finally recover and to gain what I have lost. Nemo was with me all through out that experience. At that time I didn’t know that she would be my best bud. Love you, bes.


Working for this company and with these people did wonders for me. The tiny bite size pieces that were my heart and my self-esteem were slowly brought back to its original form. And I gained a lot more.


I love my colleagues. The group is my second family. But like any good movie, it’s already nearing the end of the plot. And try as we might to hold it back and to keep it going..it’ll have to come to an end soon as any good movie does. The closing credits will then show how each of us would end up. Some of us will get married. Some will work abroad. Some will move to a different company. Some will resign and just bum around. Some will stay with the company and see a whole new batch replace the old one.


It’s a normal process. It happens inside a lot of companies. I guess the only difference is that we bonded more than just office mates..we bonded as a family. And to part ways is one sad truth I'm just not ready to accept.


I love you guys!


'Here's to the nights we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye
Tomorrow's gonna come too soon'

No comments: