Friday, August 8

The Book

I found a book the other day..
..actually, it found me.

I have loved books since I was little. It's like having a glance or even a peek at unknown worlds and experiences I never get to have or do.
This book that I am talking about is the least bit attractive. It's hardbound all right, but just by looking at it, I have concluded that it'll be a boring read. It'll probably even lull me to sleep just by reading the back cover.
So I went on to reading other eye-catching books. I like them hardbound, remarkable, a lot of fun and will provide a worthwhile experience.
But this is what I realized: an exciting book is not synonymous to a great read.
Every time I finish a book, the one I found would keep showing up at my desk. 'Read me' is what I think it's trying to tell me.
After a few hits and misses, I inched my way towards the cover of the book. I told myself to drop it the moment it bores me.
The first few pages were a bit dull. I wanted to let go but I always find myself holding it.
The second chapter was starting to get interesting. I was surprised because I was beginning to yearn for it even if it is not with me.
I am starting to really like the book. Every glance at its pages were like snippets of information about a person that is slowly making you grow fond of it.
I can not even imagine another hand holding the book other than me.
I could not wait to finish it but it would not let me. As if it can think and did not want me to finish it in one sitting.

So I am taking my time..
I am looking forward to reading more exciting stories everyday..
I am eager to find out more about it as each day passes.
Would it have a sweet ending?
Would the conclusion be the way I want it to be?
Or would it end as a disappointment? Just like all the other books I have read but did not quite made it on my list.

Well, I better read on to find out..


#########
Author's note: Story is fictional...gusto ko lang mag-emote.

No comments: