NASAN NGA BA AKO KAHAPON?
Good thing I didnt stay cooped up at home yesterday.
After spending the day at the office when it s my off, I almost resigned myself to just admit defeat and go home. Well, I m glad I didn t. One of my college buds invited me for coffee. Well, I was the one who actually texted them to have dinner or coffee. I wasn t in the mood to meet them but I reckoned.
Again, it ended surprisingly well. I met up with Angelu at Powerbooks at Mega then headed off to Atchie’s at the 6F of Orient Square. Dont ask me. Preacher convinced us to eat there, so we complied. I almost walked out when the building s guard asked for our Ids. ‘Manong, we dont work here. We re just gonna friggin eat!’ O well, bigay ng ID para matahimik.
I got weirded out. The place was like a resto-bar that probably sidelines as a canteen during the day. Angelu and I walked carefully towards a table and sat there looking around for a couple of minutes not saying anything. Then we blurted out, ‘Asan na si Preacher?! Tera, patayin na naten!’ We didnt like the place; we would rather walk back to the Podium and eat dinner there. O well, andun na kame so game! Model showed up after 20 minutes and walking behind her were two gorgeous and did I say gorgeous model friends?! I almost wished I wore something hot or at least presentable than a tee and my trusty old jeans. Dang! Turned out they all came from a screening and the two guys invited themselves to our little get-together. The Jet guy looked familiar. I prolly saw his face plastered in some billboard in Edsa or something. And I think he had a short stint in one of GMA’s weekly show. Jonel was H-O-T. He had this Oriental look and I blurted out how menacing his piercing look was. Parang mangangain! NGARRR! They turned out to be really fun guys. Kulitan lang to the max. Parang ang tagal na nameng magkakakilala. But good things were not meant to last. They had to blast. They even told us about this serious matter they had to attend to. Mukhang serious nga so sige na nga, bye for now! Pa-kiss muna bago kayo umalis! Lol.
Then there were three: Angelu, Model and moi. Preacher talked us into drinking this F4 concoction. She kept saying the F4-word and I kept expecting four cute chinito guys to walk towards our table but of course, it turned out to be some kind of a shot. Dang! After that, she had to excuse herself because she still has a meeting at the 25th Floor. We all started to talk about our day. I wasnt ready to air my dilemma with them but I guess after three glasses of kurrant 7 and a shot of F4, my tongue started to have a mind of it s own. Turned out Model and I have the same issue at home. Angelu has just broken up with her good-for-nothing boyfriend for three weeks now and is having a hard time keeping a straight face at work. We told her to just quit her job and work elsewhere because it is definitely not doing her any good. Model started to belt her ‘I-have-been-there-so-listen-to-me’ speeches. I have nothing against it. But I know Angelu already has had enough sermons and I believe she already knows what to do. All that’s needed right now is for her to finally stand up for herself.
Enchantress showed up after an hour. She gained a couple of pounds but that never stopped guys and girls alike to stop and stare at her. She’s still a stunner. We ordered some more food then decided to stop by the Holiday Inn (Galleria Suites before) to say hi to some friends. I noticed that Angelu was starting to go inside her shell again so I called it a night for the both of us.
The evening turned out real well. Way better than what I've expected. And Im proud that Im still very much in touch with them. We have finally transcended from just being college buds to becoming friends for life. Thats one thing I am sooo thankful for.


No comments:
Post a Comment