Tuesday, June 15

The Cowardly Kitten

I'm so confused right now I don't even know if my post today will make any sense.

I just found out a lotta stuff about myself but I don't know how to handle all of 'em.

I'm scheduled for an interview later after my shift: for a different company and for a higher position. A part of me wants to go but the other part wants me to just go home and forget about it. I have been having this strong feeling that it's time to move out of my comfort zone w/c is my current job and try other opportunities.

It's not that I'm scared to fail but more like I'm terrified of succeeding. Yikes!

It's like I'm battling a demon which is also myself. I dunno who's gonna win. I wanna knock some sense into my head but I think it'll only make things worse and I'll end up seeing a shrink or sumthin'.

I had a little chat with Toie and it made me realize that I just hafta work harder in weighing the pro's and con's of leaving this security region. I've made friends, have a lot more freedom unlike some other people on the same field. I know I will be giving up a lot if I move but I dunno...I really don't.

'Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.'
David Lloyd George

'Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.'
H.L. Hunt

Haaaayy...someone told me that if my workplace is slowly becoming my comfort zone, it's time to get out and move on..otherwise I'll be stuck here with no room for growth.

*sniffs

It's like I'm eager to start a new life outside of my current office but I don't know where to start or if I'm really decided about the whole idea. Dang!

No comments: