I went to work tonight with a heavy heart. It's the second time I'll be missing the yearly team outing of our property. I almost had the logo 'LOSER' tattooed on my face. Bummer!
*sighs
I guess I'll just wait til Monday to see their pictures. Oh..I forgot that some of them will be sending me multimedia messages while they're in La Union. Yeah..so I'll know how much fun they're having while I'm stuck here at the office.
They could be so cruel sometimes! *sniffs
========================================
I don't know about you guys but I have been seeing Sef Gonzales' face all over the news these last few days and it's only when a colleague forwarded an email detailing the whole story behind his crime that I found out what he really did...
Note: The email going around tells a longer story about this one but I found it too long if I paste it here so I guess this article from INQ7 will do.
Sef Gonzales found
guilty of killing family
Posted: 2:30 AM (Manila Time) | May 21, 2004
Agence France-Presse
SYDNEY -- A Filipino-born student was found guilty Thursday of murdering his parents and sister at the family home in Sydney following a six-week trial.
A jury found 23-year-old Sef Gonzales guilty of the stabbing murders of his parents Teddy and Mary Loiva, and 18-year-old sister Clodine in July 2001.
Prosecutors told the court Gonzales resented his parents' strict discipline and their disapproval of his girlfriend, fearing he would be disinherited from their 1.5 million dollar (1.03 million US) estate.
"Feeling his life unraveling, Sef set in train a plan to murder his parents and his sister," crown prosecutor Mark Tedeschi said.
He said Gonzales tried to poison his family two weeks before the murders with lethal plant seeds ordered over the Internet
When the plan failed, he stabbed his mother, father and sister to death over a three-hour period in the family home, lying through the evening in wait as each returned home separately.
Police said Gonzales claimed he had seen an intruder fleeing his home but a forensic search found no trace of a trail.
They also said that to divert attention from himself, Gonzales daubed racist graffiti saying "f--- off Asians" on the kitchen wall in spray paint, traces of which were found on his jumper.
When police seized Gonzales's computer they had found references to Internet sites such as "how to kill" and "white man killer". There was also a container of poison in his bedroom.
Gonzales pleaded not guilty, initially claiming he was dining with friends then claiming he was at a brothel at the time of the murders.
However, investigators found the prostitute he claimed to be with was not working on the day in question.
The jury took about five hours to reach its verdict and one of Gonzales' aunts watching from the public gallery mouthed the words "thank you" to the media it was read to the court.
Gonzales will be sentenced in August.
The complete article really gave me goosebumps...I didn't know someone who looks that innocent and harmless can do something so..so utterly wicked.
That's why it's better to have a person who is clearly crazy than someone who is so nice that it's too good to be true.
=========================================
'Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.'
-Margaret Young


No comments:
Post a Comment