Saturday, August 7

Shrink For Hire

Do you guys notice how there are certain people who would make good shrinks but in reality they don't really apply what they say in their own lives?

*raises right hand

Guilty as charged.

I consider myself one. I noticed how I'm really good at advising people what to do and how I'm really great at giving sound counsel but when I get home and think about it or when it's my turn to be in their shoes, I would be blind as a bat and be all clueless about what I should do.

*scratches head

I have been feeling so NOT myself lately. I have been detached to people, heck, I almost bit my seatmate's head off when she asked me some random question the other day. Blame it on PMS but I think it's something deeper. Some 'confusion' that's slowly starting to spread through my whole body and it's starting to take over my brain.

*screams

I opted to avoid unnecessary contact with people coz I'm afraid I'm just gonna bite them. I prefer some time alone to reprimand the weird ME.

*slaps hand

'Bad Summer, bad.'



Comment for Ryx on being too nice:
...it's the nature i guess. people tend to dismiss any good deeds and notice one wrong move as soon as they see it. i used to be really mindful of what other people are feeling that i found myself really lonely and unsatisfied with myself. I've now learned to keep that li'l bit of selfishness coz without that, i'd be exposed to the world and they'll feast on me like vultures. it's sometimes nice to be regarded as a toughie on the outside but you know deep inside that you're truly a softie. just don't let the others know or they'll take advantage of you..

Comment for Em on life:
It's funny how it's easier for us to notice the rotten and sickening stuff happening around us...at home, at work and even at the whole world. While it's harder to keep an open mind and believe in the goodness in all of us. the life given to us was never intended to be perfect..it's when we learn to live and to fight for what we believe in which makes us truly BECOME

Comment for DazedAngel on waiting for guys to make the first move:
...i dunno if we just find them moving as slow as turtles or we're just not patient. at least you've found yer worth. let him run after u now..good luck, dear!

Comment for Ryx on good friends and blabbing morons:
that's why friends are considered as heaven sent..they can be our support group w/o them knowing. donchajust love yer friends!?!and i'm sorry to hear about that dumbass who squealed on you..people like that needs to be crucified!

Comment for Amgine on giving up blogging:
hey gurl..don't give up dear...you'll get through this..gusto mo iinom na lang naten to o!



I ran out of time to browse through other blogs and pick the ones I made some sensible comments.

I wish I could learn to heed the things I say to my friends.

It's really a different matter if you're the one undergoing such hardships or what-have-you's. People who don't experience such or people who are outside the circle..who're seeing things and are being mere observers are the ones who can really tell what's happening and advise us what to do about it.

I am one of these observers. I just hope that when the time comes when I'm the one inside the circle, I get to learn to step outside for a moment to assess what's happening so I'll know what to do about it.



'shrink for hire'

No comments: