Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there...
Will Rogers (1879-1935)
Being on the afternoon shift has been quite an experience for me..so much more than what I have expected.
I was able to know myself more.
I know that to others, they'd always see me off to somewhere. I can say that I'm making the most of being 'normal' and I guess I reached my goal.
I've touched base with a lot of things. I was able to meet up with friends whom I never thought I'd really spend time with because of my schedule but I was able to make time for them now.
I was also able to meet a lotta people. I was able to know the carefree side of me. I wasn't shy. I wasn't reserved. I was excited to meet new people.
I was also able to set up new relationships with new as well as old acquaintances.
You know that adage 'When it rains, it (definitely) pours'? It was soooo true.
I've been meeting a lot of potential somethings that I would always find a text or get a call from them at random hours. It's flattering, I guess.
I have become more confident, more sure of myself and to me that's really a big change.
The Me before: Work, and gimmicks with my colleagues and that's it. There was a time that I really got sick of spending time with them 7 days a week that I would pass up a night out just so I could spend time with myself or with my other friends.
The Me now: Work, play, and gimmicks with different set of friends. I was able to mingle with a lotta people, a lotta different ideas and views and it was definitely a welcomed change.
Now with only 7 days to go til I revert back to being a nocturnal slave, I can say that I made the most out of my afternoon sched. I'll surely miss going out everyday but I would also welcome the thought of spending quality time at home which I didn't get to do while in the afternoon shift. Plus I'd be able to spend time with GT. *blushes
Side note: I miss you Chin, Twin, and Deej. I'll be seeing more of you guys week after this. Take care! Join tayo sa Blogger's Night on Sept 3, Dencio's at the Powerplant Mall, ah!
Sunday, August 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment