Tuesday, August 10

A Letter to Myself

( lemme see if i could give myself an advice or two)

Hi Melissa,

You've been feeling down lately.

I know you've been having some problems at home. I wish I could make them all go away and make you not worry about them. I know that you somehow hate your parents by making that one move that affected all your lives.

I know it's hard to be the sole breadwinner in the family. I also understand how there are times when you just want to go out and treat yourself but I know that as sure as you will enjoy yourself when you go out; you will feel that slight pang of guilt when you go home and see the situation not changing.

But you must understand that you can only do so much. You are not perfect and you're bound to break if you keep at it. It's okay to be mad and to cry.

Allow yourself to feel vulnerable. Letting people see that you are a strong individual 24x7 can be really tiring. Learn to show your sensitive side sometimes.

I know you're feeling something special for someone lately. I also know that you're trying to put not that much thought about him but we both know how it really is between the two of you. You have been hurt by this individual before and I know you're already guarding your heart by appearing nonchalant about the whole thing. Allow yourself to enjoy each moment you spend together without thinking of what'll happen or the other questions you two will be asking afterwards.

Allow yourself to feel: happiness, joy, sadness, pain..the good and the bad..it's part and parcel of being human.

Don't be too frightened on what the future will bring. Again, you can only do so much. Start with what you can change within yourself then the rest will follow.

Life is short. You're supposed to be making it as deep and as wide as possible. Don't forget that.


You are a special person.

You (as sure as hell) deserve the best.

You will be okay. Don't worry.


I'm here,

Melissa

No comments: