Tuesday, August 17

Multitasking..anyone?

Can anyone honestly say that they're both successful in their career or studies as well as their lovelife?

Anyone at all? Because if you are or you know anyone who can be deemed successful or happy in their career/studies as well as their lovelife..then you are my new idol!

I met up with Sasa yesterday and we ended up at Sidebar El Pueblo downing a few bottles of beer and talking about a lotta things.

Stuff I realized:
- I have a lot of qualms about caring for someone special. I realized I've only touched the surface of what I'm feeling when I say I'm really starting to lean towards this one particular guy. Last night was different because I had an epiphany that I have a lot of misgivings about finally letting go of my feelings. I tend to think too much and it's beginning to work against me. I am not getting any younger and the thought of starting a relationship with someone that could someday end up as my husband scares me to death.

- I'm not alone with the dilemma I'm currently having with my family. A lot of parents tend to transfer the responsibilities at home and with the younger sibs to the eldest and I believe it's automatic for the eldest sibs to somehow want to repay their parents for making them graduate from college and stuff by being 'too' responsible when it's really not required if they think about it. Parents are supposed to be the one responsible for their offsprings. That's the law of nature. They shouldn't reinforce the tasks they're supposed to be doing to the eldest. NOT FRIGGIN' FAIR!

- Then I shared with Sasa a little observation I made. An assumption actually that an individual can't really multi-task when it comes to their career/studies and their lovelife or lack of it. At first she was a bit skeptical. She wasn't believing me. So I asked her:

me: Can you site an individual who's happy in both aspects?
Sasa: hmmm..(really thinking)what about Budot(our college friend)..
me: FYI..she wants to resign from her current job but yes, she's happy with her current beau. Next...
S: hmmm..Cathy(again, one of our college barkada)
M: No..she's happy with her Boo but she never sticks to one company. We always hear her resigning then moving to a different one. Not counted. Next..
S: Duckee! She's happy with both!
M: Nuh-uh! She just started with Globe but she told me she doesn't like her colleagues there.

Ending..she was only able to give me one name.

Really, it has been my goal or assignment to find even just one individual who's really having the best of both worlds. 'Coz I would sure as hell want to get some tips.

But what if we're really bound to just excel in just one aspect and not two?
What would you choose?
Would you rather be successful in your career or be blissfully happy with someone special?

My answer as of the moment: I would give up everything(?) just to share a seat with someone special.

No comments: