Yes, I did enjoy being in the afternoon shift. Maybe too much. And sure I met a lotta new people but the highlight would be the time I get to spend with old friends.
But lemme describe to you the guys I met during my 'gimmick' shift:
Bryan - He's normal looking. He was kind enough to drop me off at my place considering that we live at opposite sides of the Metro. His text messages would always include smilies after every sentences. I thought I could give him a chance but when he suggested that we go 'someplace else' and do something...man, I couldn't run fast enough! To add to that, he's already 27 but he's still in school. He's not taking MBA, ladies and gentlemen. I guess he loves school that much, eh.
- 'Hey, Bry..you're an okay guy. But you're way too fast for me. Maybe in some other lifetime we can go 'someplace else' and be alone.'
Bennedict - The Ex. He hasn't changed. Well, he just got out of a 5-year relationship so I give him kudos for that. I thought we could be friends. I'm still hoping since I want to maintain a good relationship with my exes. No bitterness here.
- But I got weirded out when he would always ask where I'm at, invite me out for a drink or dinner and then tell me that he misses me. Damn! 'I want to be friends, I don't want to rekindle the past, ya know!'
Stanley - My ex's friend back in college. He thought that the reason why I was always snubbing him then was because he's friends with my ex (which was partly true) but also because he's not my type.
- So NOW he thinks he has a chance. He's a stalker in the making, I tell yah! He would always ask if we can go out or if he can pick me up after work. I would always have an excuse for him not to drop by my office. I get goosebumps everytime he texts..the 'eww-eww goosebumps, I mean. But before you guys decide that I can now be included as a member of the 'MEAN GIRLS' club, I'm planning to tell him that we're better off as friends.
BJ - He's a friend's colleague and seemed really nice. He carried some of the stuff I got while we were at the mall. He's funny, likes the same kind of music I dig and he's from Bacolod.
- He just got outof a 5-year relationship. I was having a great time but noticed how he would always manage to insert that he is single and he doesn't have a girlfriend. 'Dude, you're starting to look like a walking-talking ad.' But he's a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind hanging out with him.
So you see, my quest to meet a lotta potential 'whatevers' made me realize what I really want in a guy: someone stable (mind, heart and other what-have-you's), independent, secure about himself, has a sense of humor, and we don't necessarily have to dig the same stuff but we should somehow complement each other's inadequacies and idiosyncracies. And last, as what Sarah Jessica Parker said in one of their Sex in the City episodes: 'Someone who thinks that I'm the one.'
Saturday, September 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment