Friday, July 2

Lethargic

You wouldn't know exactly what it is you're feeling unless someone tells it to your face...

A colleague asked, 'Is something bothering you?'
I nonchalantly asked why.

'You look and sound lethargic.'
Maybe I am.


I have been feeling kinda weird lately and I think it's time that I hit the brakes and look head on to whatever's bothering me.

The confines of my room is getting smaller. Each day I itch to be let out because the walls aren't strong enough to ward off the problems at home. I end up going to...
The workplace, which provides me with strength but not all the time. I can be kept busy but that gnawing discontentment and need to placate what's troubling me knocks every once in a while making me want to drop everything and run to....
My support group, which can always be called on whenever they're needed. But they can only give as much hug, a pat in the shoulder and some reassurance that everything will be alright. It always boils down to...
Me, the one utterly responsible for everything that happened, is occurring and will come to pass.


'Just as you began to feel that you could make good use of time, there was no time left to you.'
Lisa Alther

No comments: