Wednesday, July 7

What to do when you and your friends are bored and got nowhere else to go on a Saturday afternoon...

go to a hotel of course!

---------

So I hardly had any rest last weekend.

I went straight to the Podium after my shift to meet up with Hundun, Kaje, Beng and Emer. It was so nice to see 'em all again. It was a welcome change because we met up for a lunch and coffee date instead of a dinner and drinks afterwards.

Our gimmicks would always include checking in some posh hotels and just be plain lazy and drunk. I know...we all have our own homes but I don't know what's with hotels that we always end up spending a day or two there.

And so, while sitting outside Cafe Breton and smoking, we suddenly thought of staying at the hotel just across the street. As what Hundun said, 'ishpur op da moment'. We were all fired up as we hurriedly shopped for clothes at Megamall, bought some liquors then checked in at the Discovery Suites. It was fun although I ended up sleeping the rest of the night while they downed a couple of Mud Shakers and stuffed their faces with food.

I enjoyed the time I spent with them. It was nice to bond with long-time friends. I always feel good whenever I'm with them. I love them all!

Photobucket
Our group pic..Hundun with her 'secret na malupet' sandals, my kick-ass boots, Kaje's trusty ole sneakers, Emer's sexy sandals and Beng's uhm..ahm..thigh..hahaha!

Photobucket
..loving myself

Photobucket
me and Putee Poo Hundun (w/o her Yaya this time)

Photobucket
Shy when not drunk Beng and bad ass-drunk Emer

Photobucket
Eternally confused Kaje and Clueless Me

==========

I refuse to fall in love...again
-got this from my college bestfriend by someone who has written it for her..

I refuse to fall in love again. I understand the overwhelming reaction it provokes on anyone it touches, which only reminds me that situations of intense hatred are not all that far removed from intense love. They are strong, driving and powerful - which makes them dangerous.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against love. My cynicism has not been totally hacked away, but chipped chunks of it permit some glimmer of light to shine through. Love is the greatest inexplicable feeling of all. All too true, but perhaps, meant only for other people. Not I. Not just yet anyway.

It isn't that I'm obtuse, as much as I know that love can make people do things they wouldn't normally do. Love has a way of taking you out of yourself and making you dedicate yourself to another, who may or may not response in kind. Love is also a very disruptive experience. All your life you walk alone then all of a suffen somebody comes along and shakes all that. All this is what I find formidable - the power of the unknown. I have not been unloved, and I am not a total stranger to the feeling. I know how it feels to fall in love – the exultant euphoria of coming across a special stranger who touches something deep within you. Perhaps that is what I fear – to lose control to another human being like that, knowing all too well how fallible human beings are despite love; it is an unsettling prospect at best. Whenever I feel the pangs of stirring affection, the full of heady attraction, of the aching pain of missing someone of whom I am very fond of, it is not long before I stop myself and hold back, creating a safe distance, an impasse from which I can view this intruder with a cool, detached critical eye, not driven and blinded by wild, unreliable passion. I will myself to drift away – "I can live without this person" is what I often tell myself – in order to prevent the other from overwhelming me. Because I know that when I fall – I fall hard. And, if I fall again – I'll fall harder. Which only make me hold back all the more. That is, keep everything to myself…silently.

Is it selfish to relinquish the "I" for an unassured "WE"? Perhaps, but when it has taken too long to find that "I", one cannot entirely put to task for wanting to cherish the treasure of self longer than usual. At this point, I cannot gamble myself the self I sought for so long for the promise of a "YOU" and "I"; what guarantee is there that the other will not simply take my heart and stomp on it? Love gives no guarantee, and trust that is needed to bridge this uncertainty is perhaps what gives love its luster. But I have never been one easily given to trust, and therefore taking the leap into love is not an easy decision to make for me. Others plunge in with nary a second thought. They are not I.

Perhaps this primal insecurity only speaks of immaturity, and hence the inability to love, truly love. For mature or being in-love is one that does not seek fulfillment in the other, nor dependence, but rather, the mutual understanding and exchange of love connecting only to themselves.

Then, maybe then…when I am ready and bold enough to risk my heart again in asking the same promise which brought me to grief…IT COULD BE THE LAST.

No comments: