Wednesday, July 28


 
I love this movie because of Anthony Hopkins. It moved me so much to see how strong the bond was between him and his daughter in the movie, Claire Forlani. (Plus the fact that GT calls me Claire because I look like her...that was according to him guys so don't blame me!)
 
I once didn't know why I cried over this movie. I watched it now and I was finally reminded of the reason. It's the scene where William Parrish was finally saying goodbye to his daughter and Susan somehow knew that he won't be back. I know that if I were in her shoes I would've bawled over and held on to my father for dear life.
 
I envied their connection because although I love my father to death, me and my sibs weren't brought up to be demonstrative. We only show that we love each other by other means. Phrases like 'I love you' won't be heard at our home save for special occasions.
 
I have carried that trait when I started in school and even when I graduated. It was my pen who did the talking. Ask my college friends and they'd tell you how I used to just give 'em letters if I wanna share something about what I'm feeling. I could be really rowdy but I found it really unnecessary to share bits about myself to my friends. I don't know if they have noticed it but I was always the 'listener'. And I could be a really good one. But it was rare that I would tell them what's bothering me.
 
It was when I finally started working and meeting friends like Nemo, a few close friends within the office, Vianca, Kaje and our circle of friends that I learned to venture out of my shell. These people reached out and held me while I slowly expressed my feelings other than writing. Thanks guys.
 
I have yet to exercise this new found ability to be expressive at home and with my other friends.
I am a work in progress.
Please bear with me.
 
 
*Oh, and I also thought Brad Pitt was really gorgeous in this movie. 

No comments: