Monday, July 26

Wow...I can't believe it..I'm normal again!

I get to stray away from my nocturnal shift for a week and from the looks of it..I think I'm starting to like it..Yey!
 
But wait..I have been staring at my computer for the longest time not knowing where to start with my non work related to-do list...Waaah! I'm not used not diving onto work right after I log in..it's truly a lovely shift! hahah!
 
List of things to do:
 
1. Clean my MP3 list - I use to sort each song onto their proper cats (oo, I can be OC at times) but I don't get to do that for how many months now because of work.
 
2. Clean my Inbox - I see a clutter of mails. Some I haven't even read and some were even dated a couple of months ago! Waah! Now I have the whole week to sort and read all of em. Yey!
 
3. Blog - I can now blog without having to wait for my break to come or try to multi task. I can also bloghop til my eyes hurt.
 
4. Read - I get to start reading my new books that were starting to clutter the space in my bookshelf. Nerd!
 
5. Meet up with 'normal' friends - I started with this one already. I met up with my college bestfriend and was able to catch up on things. Sigh. I feels so good to be normal again.
 
6. Get a (night) life - I don't have to wait for 'weekends' just to go out. I don't have to settle for trips to the mall or hanging out at Whistlestop after shift in the morning..I can now go out while the rest of my teammates work their ass off during evenings! This is the life!
 
= = =



'Teacher, teacher...HOLDAP PO ITO'
A TRIBUTE TO MY COLLEGE BUDS
 
 
 

I met up with Sasa before my shift and we started off with the 'what's up wit you now' until we drifted off to reminiscing about college life and how it was different..way different from now. Our world then was so limited to the confines of the classroom, home and ocassional trips and gimiks. We have grown and changed so much and I find it fit to describe each of my college buds here...(ala Friendster testimonial)
 
Khrissy - The epitome of a 'panganay'. You will always find her seated at the back of the classroom..always holding onto her things waiting for the bell to ring so she could hurry onto her li'l bro's school to pick him up. She was bossy, a bully, a problem during group projects because she's always off to somewhere doing errands. She was our certified 'driver'. We love her inspite of her shortcomings and she was like a hard-ass big sister to us all. Now she's happily married. Living off her dream abroad. We never thought that she'd be the one to marry first because of her attitude but she suddenly surprised us all by texting us that she's already married. Sigh. We're all happy for her.
 
Duk - The 'Model'. She was by far the tallest gal in the group. We've always known she'll make it big in the modelling arena. She once joined the Binibining Pilipinas beauty contest while in college but she had to pull out at the last minute or else she'd be forced to drop out of school. She now works at Globe while doing freelance modeling. Lucky girl!
 
Bettinah - The 'Problem of the Group'. She's funny, makulit and the number one laitera in the group but we love her nevertheless. We always go to her apartment in Timog when doing projects. She was also my buddy during our Global Cafe (in Katipunan) days. We would head there during our break and after class to chat. This girl wears her heart on her sleeve making her so vulnerable. We saw her cry a dozen times, listened to her lament whenever her boyfriend of present would hurt her emotionally. We have always told her to stop and re-assess what's happenng but she holds on to the guy for some unknown reason. O well, we just hope they're okay now.
 
AJ - The 'songer'. A consistent dean's lister. She's the brain in our group but she could be really slow sometimes..uhm..(lemme correct myself)..plenty of times. She had this popular blooper back in college wherein she hailed a private vehicle thinking it was a cab but stopping midway and exclaimed, 'Ay, may sakay pala..' Damn, it was so hilarious that it never failed to make us all laugh whenever we'd talk about it. She surely had a lot of booboos but I won't write 'em all here coz it'll take me days. She's now a radio newscaster at an FM station. She's also living her dream so I'm so proud of her. Oh, and I am so crushing on her boyfriend. It's a harmless crush so hush up and read on..
 
Katie - The 'clown'. We always knew that she'd be big someday. She always gets the lead role in plays during college coz she sure knows how to act and she's so damn hilarious. You guys might've seen her before at 'Wow Mali' at Channel 5 making fun of people. She's now an Associate Producer at the said station juggling two shows and a very active gimik life. She's our forever virgin barkada coz she was never involved with a guy back in college so we're all wishing that the streak be finally be broken now..hehe!
 
Cat - our very own 'Dayanara'. Her looks could be so arresting that even women would stop chatting whenever she walks by and ogle at how beautiful she is. She is so enchanting but beyond that face is a really cool down-to-earth gal. She can be really 'jologs' and we love that about her. She hardly notices how guys would stop at their tracks and drool whenever she passes. She doesn't let it get into her head. She's a really fun person and I miss her so much. She now works for a TeleCommunications company and is so in love with her Boo (sorry guys).
 
Sasa - 'Preacher no more'. We told her that we hated how she'd lecture us back in college about doing bad stuff and how she never failed to read to us a verse or two from the Bible when we share our problems with her. That was way back when she was in her 5 year relationship with an almost 'pastor' guy. I'm personally glad she broke it off after realizing how much she's been missing. She is now dating a 'funny named guy' and I'm happy for her. You go girl!
 
Me - The 'Writer' in the group. The title I placed above was from one of the projects we submitted in our Journalism class. Our prof commented that I'd be a good journalist...for a tabloid! Hahaha! Damn that teacher! Anyway, I was a self-proclaimed essayist and a writer during group projects. They tell me I express my feelings through writing so well. Now I only get to express my writings through this blog and some short stories I made before. I have always wanted to be a writer..a journalist but I don't wanna shift careers now 'coz that would mean I'd be settling for lower compensation. O well, I just hope that I get to do more writing other than this blog shit. Someday perhaps.
 
 
It felt good to reminisce about 'ol times and how life was simpler then. I miss 'em girls and I hope we get to re-group one of these days.

No comments: