Monday, September 6

One Great Love

I just finished reading James Patterson's 'Sam's Letter to Jennifer' and it made me ask myself when I've been 'crazy in love'.

I guess there's always this ONE GREAT LOVE in our life. Have you found yours?

I met mine last 2002. He made me see myself in a whole new light. He made me feel like I was the most beautiful girl (in the world) because he sees only me. He placed me in a pedestal and he made me realize that I'm worth much more than I've deemed myself to be.

He would always have a compliment and he made me feel special in little ways. I felt his love when were together as well as when we were apart. He made me feel all sorts of positive emotions I didn't even realize I was capable of feeling.

He made me see that the world is such a beautiful place especially when you are holding the hands of someone you love dearly. When we're outside, the crowd would always seem to vanish leaving just the two of us..moving in slow motion..staring at each other..loving every moment.

He made me come out of my shell. He was able to make me express my love for him without having to be conscious about what the others will say. We would always drop 'I love you's' and mean it everytime.

But all good things aren't meant to last.

He's already engaged when I met him. He said he was caught between a rock and a hard place. He and his fiancee had everything planned out, and there were other reasons why he couldn't leave so he chose to work it out with her. I cried buckets when we had to end what we have. It was short but oh so sweet.

He was my one great love and I would be most fortunate if I find another one. I know I'll find one because I deserve it.

No comments: