Saturday, February 28

Goings-on

Last Saturday was spent in a fantastic evening with Jason Mraz..
Okay, I was exaggerating..it wasn't a date..I went to his concert at the Aliw theatre.

I confess that Jason Mraz actually reminds me of my close guy bud who's in NY now. Don't ask me why coz I have no idea.

I had a really grand time although I must admit, my eyelid seemed to be pulled by gravity when he sung some unknown tracks. Haha!
I guess I didn't do my assignment.
But to sum it all up, he was highly, phantasmigorically adorable! He was a real sweetheart who knows how to connect with the crowd.

*sighs

I'm not posting any pictures here because as some of you know, cameras aren't allowed inside the Aliw Theatre although I was able to snuck it in.
Unluckily, one usher caught me getting some neat video of Jason. But it's ayt, I managed to record a couple of songs via my ultra cool phone..haha!

His main theme was the universal thing called 'love'. It made me cringe a bit but he's cute so I let it pass.

####

I saw a pic of my bestfriend in college while browsing through my Friendster's list of friends. She looked so different and so happy.
I have completely lost track on all the happenings in her life
I'm not blaming anyone but we both promised to meet up for a coffee chat one of these days..

Still on Friendster; I saw something there that made me reflect on how I was as a college gal..

Although the course I took back then was for people with strong personality and creativity..I kept to my group.
I have a few acquaintances but I never really mingled. Maybe that's the reason why they called my Ice Queen and only a handful of guys actually walked up to me and professed their feelings.
I remember I was already my usual bubbly self but majority was spent hiding inside a hole. I was even known as the famous 'walk-out' queen..go ask my barkada back then.
I guess it was in college that I realized I'm more of a listener than a talker; I would rather write about what I feel than sharing it to the others by talking.
I suddenly realized that I just came out of my shell when I finally started working, meeting real people and experiencing genuine pain and suffering...

####


I watched a couple of DVDs and this quote from the movie 'How to Deal' (Mandy Moore) stuck like glue to my head..

'I'm in no mood to wait for you to grow up..'

I'm just hoping I don't get to use this line someday..


####

A letter for a friend of mine:

Dear Friend,


You say someone shattered your heart into tiny bite-size pieces. You even say that you think you will never find your heart beating for someone again.
I stood beside you..stayed with you while you cried, wailed and then sobered. You even subtly told us that you want to kill yourself which made me go berserk.
You're still alive now and that makes us all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that you will momentarily hold off taking your life.
I know you're still hurting.
I understand that's why I stood by you. I no longer wallow with you as you cry about the past. I merely stand there as your support because I know you will finally
see the light of day and see your worth.

You say you want to go away. You will not hear any protests from me. I chose to support you.
I just uttered a simple 'good luck' and 'take care'.
I just wish that you stay firm with the decision you made. But just in case it fails, I am just here.
You are a mature and independent woman. You know what you want and I know you'll get through this.

Just know that you have friends back home.

Take care dear.

I love you.

No comments: