The cradle has been rocked.
We had a family meeting last Sunday morning and my folks presented us with a sad truth...everything we knew and everything we were used to would have to change.
It broke my heart when I saw my mom cry. She cried in front of us so you must believe that it's something really serious. I kept my composure but I so wanted to get out of our house; to bawl over and cry.
With the sad news out; I have been shoved into adulthood even before I could say yes.
Before any of these happened; I was doing my duty as the eldest while struggling to enjoy myself on the side.
I still have unfulfilled dreams and aspirations that were forced to take a back seat while I was out helping my family..now I'm afraid I just have to bid a sad premature farewell to all that I want to accomplish and do.
I refuse to be sad and to be disheartened with all that's happening to my family now. I have to be strong for all of us. I will think of a way to get us all through this baptism of fire of sorts..
I refuse to let them see me weak. I won't let them see me cry. I won't let them see me damaged by this incident.
I remember my friends in high school and how they would tell me that I've a perfect family because during retreats...I'm the one whose eyes were always dry. *Wala daw kase akong kaproble- problema pagdating sa pamilya* so I've no reason to cry...
I wish they could see me now..my eyes are no longer dry...
Monday, January 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment