Tuesday, July 10

Regrets??

Whoa! I just spent a good 3 hours looking over my college batchmates' multiply sites and I couldn't help but compare their lives with mine.

They followed their dreams. I mean, we all studied Communication ARts back in college but not all of us seeked jobs related to that field. These guys which sites I've checked out followed theirs. Some are now working in TV, advertising, one's a recording artist..and I couldn't help but ask what I did with my life.

Right after graduation, I spent a full day courting the idea of working for a tv network. Not infront of the camera but behind; perhaps a scriptwriter of some sort. But since I'm the eldest and obviously the first to finish school, then there's a huge weight on my shoulders pushing me towards a job that will give my family more money. Hence, I ended up working in a call center.

I have to admit, during the first few years I've worked as an agent and worked my way up to managing people, I've thought that I was doing good. But then there are random moments specially when I'm alone that I ask myself if this is what I'd really like to do for the most part of my existence. The answer is always a "no".

I do know that one can never be contented with what they have. Maybe that's just what I'm feeling. But sometimes it hits you real hard that maybe you aren't doing what you're destined to be doing. I don't know about you, but that's what I think.

I'm away from family and friends, under the guise of "travelling" but I really wanted to get away. When I think about it right now: I'm in the same situation where I was before, it's just that I'm away from my homeland..which make things worse.


Oh crap, there goes my whole week.

No comments: