Friday, November 26

Death by Christmas Lights

I just had the biggest shock of my life..

'Pls pray for Roma, Mei and Emil who perished in early dawn fire today at their home in Makati..'

I got this text from my Mom and I had to read it several times to take it all in.

A freak accident. They died because they forgot to turn off their Christmas lights. For that they were trapped inside their home and got scorched alive. In an interview I saw on TV, a neighbor even saw someone from the group trying to break the window but couldn't and they were all screaming for help. I could just cringe at the thought of what they've been through.

I considered those people angels 'coz they helped my parents build something for themselves and I can't imagine them meeting an accident as tragic as this one. We considered them as family and I hate it how easily life has been taken from each of them.

I hardly had any sleep that afternoon. I even had a nightmare where my li'l brother died and my crying so hard was the only thing that woke me up.

It's ironic how death can sneak in without us noticing. It can really be unfair if it's really the good, kind-hearted people that goes. It makes me want to ask myself why I'm still here and why I'm still alive and they're not?

Now I'm scared to close my eyes and sleep. I'm afraid I can also go anytime and I'm not able to tell the people I love how I feel for them.

WAKE UP CALL!

No comments: