I found myself alone outside a coffee shop in Eastwood. I was actually waiting for a friend for a dinner date but I wasn't expecting that I'd be waiting for almost an hour and that I would be in the company of myself, a frap and a smoke. Time alone is familiar 'coz I've been leading a recluse life lately.
Finding myself alone with my thoughts is also kinda disarming. It left me free to wallow in whatever thoughts that would cross my mind and it's awkward and welcomed in a weird way. It's the 'ber' month and that means Christmas is fast approaching. Time for my being lonely to be magnified a hundred folds and that's not something I look forward to. I find it weird that although I'm busy with work, I still have this gnawing depression that I can't quite discern. I'm eating more than I usually do and I'm not sure if that could be attributed to me PMSing or if I'm just plain lonely. It's these moments that I feel irritable seeing couples everywhere I go. I abhor them!
I texted my friend to hurry up 'coz I couldn't bear another minute at the coffee shop alone. I'm afraid I'd go crazy and start making a scene throwing stuff at couples.
I hate the 'ber' months. Cursed singles are being tortured mercilessly during these times and I thought I wouldn't be counted as one of them but unfortunately, I am and I'm not liking it one bit.
I'm almost finished with my frap and I'm not seeing even a mere shadow of my friend.
Remind me to strangle my friend once we meet up.
====
After an hour and so minutes..I met with my friend at Jack's Loft and had a refreshing dinner. We talked about a lotta stuff and I felt good afterwards.
The strangling part has long been forgotten..
===
*waves at Hundun and Kaje. I had dinner with Emer and we miss you both!
Tuesday, October 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment