Saturday, July 12

Long time no hear...

I got the greatest surprise of my life...

I got a text from my best bud back in second highl!!!

If you know our story then you'd be feeling ecstatic also. We were the bestest of friends. But they had to move because of some issue her father had with the authorities..some illegal business they ran. They had to go in hiding somewhere.

We couldn't call each other..the reason was rather vague now that I think about. We resorted to writing..via snail mail. We've lost touch a couple of times because they were always moving. I would always receive a letter from her that she's in some distant place.

It was a mystery how we remained close despite the distance. We were updated on what each one's doing.

I went to college...she dropped out from her third school..
I had my first boyfriend...she just broke up with her nth boyfriend and she's seeing this cute guy..
I was concentrating hard on my studies..she was getting high on drugs...
I graduated...she was off to work as a crew on a cruise ship...
I am now working, earning enough moolah..she now has a kid..

In spite of our differences, we remain friends..
In spite the distance, our bond is still unyielding...
In spite the absence, we still think highly of each other..
In spite of the different paths we've chosen..we opted to accept each other for what we are..

I missed her..and I can't wait to see her..
do you think she gained weight now that she has a kid?
do you think she still smokes?
do you think she still laughs like a banshee?
do you think she still has that cute mannerism when she's excited about something?

I don't know...
I'm just thankful that I still have her as my bestfriend....and I'm gonna see her again.

No comments: