A lot of people tell me that we all need someone to make us whole. Well, I beg to oppose.
I remember my Philosophy prof giving us some pointers on love. Yes..that was my teacher coaching us about the dreaded four letter word.
A person should be whole before seeking their mate.
Being whole would mean that you could be happy by yourself.
Being whole would mean that you could still go out with friends and not enclosing your world with his. I call that pathetic. (I know this by experience)
Being whole would mean that you don’t base your mood on your partner’s.
Being whole would mean that you and your significant other work on the relationship. Not letting each other die, figuratively speaking.
Being whole would mean that you wouldn’t let yourself be a burden to your mate. Two whole individuals bound together by their love for each other.
I see a lot of my friends dive onto a relationship headfirst just for the motive of becoming complete. They think that by having a partner, they can finally know their selves. That’s a lot of bull. Don’t you think it’s unfair to your mate that you see him/her as a guinea pig? That if it didn’t work out, you’ll kick them out of the door?
I would rather have someone who knows what he wants. Sees what he’s worth so I’ll know he will treat me right.
I am not bitter. I too, was a fledgling when I loved someone who wasn’t complete. He was like a leech, fed on my strengths that I was left with none. He had insecurities that I fought hard to cover up. I ended up as the wounded foal. I was at my lowest. I even had to struggle hard to regain what I had before.
I am merely stating my say on this area. I’m not saying this to sway the one who’ll read this.
I am just saying that this time I can call myself whole.
I am just hoping that the next one who comes will be for keeps.
Saturday, July 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment