That's why I decided to write down the albums and soundtracks that have been an "integral part" of what I am today. They were silent witnesses to my not-so-pathetic existence.
1. Jennifer Paige album (Stranded, Sober, Always You, etc.)

I think I got this from Trina, a former colleague from Sykes. I remember listening to the whole album during my Baguio trip. I remember using a portable CD player that was tucked carefully inside my bag during the whole trip. I was alone and Jennifer Paige kept me company. She kept me sane during the whole 8-hr bus ride. That's why I'll never forget her.
2. Sean Paul track (Get busy)

I have fond memories whenever I hear this song. It somehow managed to propel me from being just a normal boring person to a drunk, crazy girl dirty dancing the pole in the bars of Boracay as well as Puerto Galera with Chin. We even had our own dance moves. Lol! *sigh
Beach + (lotsa) Drinks + pole = Pole dancing
3. Shanice track (Fall for you)
This song manages to produce a collective sigh and a giggle whenever I hear it. My bitches (Emer and Vianca) and I were at a beach somewhere in Subic. Vianca's cool mom and kids were with us so we only started drinking after we all had dinner and the kids were getting ready for bed.
After a couple of drinks by the veranda overlooking the ocean, we started singing along to the tunes we were hearing from the portable cd player we brought along. When it played "Fall for you" by Shanice, Vianca and I started doing an interpretative dance (ala Moymoy Palaboy). It cracked us up big time we decided to do a repeat and recorded it. Laugh trip, ever. I still have the video and I can prove that we have been doing it even before Moymoy Palaboy started. =P
4. Plumb and Sarah Mclachlan albums

These two remind me of Jarjar and Sam when we watched Plumb's concert at the Rockwell tent. Twin and I shared the same taste in music, it was weird sometimes. Kaya nga Twin eh. The old blog layouts I had were all inspired by these two artists/band. I even asked LG, my former colleague from Sykes to use her magic in Photoshop to come up with the layout shown above. It was the blog layout I used and kept the longest - for the fact that it was nice and I was so lazy to update it.
5. Grey's Anatomy and Smallville Sountrack


These two soundtracks really helped me get through my first few months here in Beijing. They kept me company while I learned to commute; they comforted me when I got so confused hearing Chinese people speak all around me (a.k.a. culture shock); they served as a good cover whenever a local would talk to me (I just pretended I didn't hear them - it was better than fainting); they were with me during my first lame attempts of using sign language and barok Chinese to communicate with the locals. They were also with me during the time I had to celebrate my first Christmas and New Year away from home, family and friends.
6. Fall Out Boy album (Folie à Deux)
I wasn't a big fan of Fall Out Boy. I initially just wanted to download the "I don't care" single but decided to just download the whole album. I loved it. It's dark, it has angst, it's cool how majority of the songs' title doesn't have anything to do with the song. It perfectly suited my melancholy phase last January. I particulary liked the track "Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes" because again, the title wasn't mentioned in the song, and I loved the lyrics as it was "so Me" during that time.

I have countless album/songs but these are just a few of the special ones that does something more than what it's intended to be.


No comments:
Post a Comment