We managed to meet the owner (sorry can't seem to get his name right-that's him in the pic above talking to a guy carrying a baby) he's a Chinese National and his wife is a Filipina. We met them while we were sitting at their store enjoying the pretzels and making lait at how the staffs were still not at par with how fast pretzels were supposed to be made. The wife suddenly went up to us and ask if we were Filipinos. Buti na lang di namen sha nilalait. She's a typical chinita that Filipino guys go gaga over. She told us that his husband was able to get the franchise of Auntie Anne's for China and the store is the first one in Beijing. They also asked some suggestions and a description on the mall attitude of the locals.
I also learned that they won't be selling any caramel dips in the near future - major bummer for me because I only order original pretzels and caramel dip. I'm still not sure whether that will deter me from coming back, though.
--------
Chin requested that I post some pics of my new apartment.
It's 2k Php higher than my old one but I wouldn't trade it for any other apartments because it's so near the subway station (as in parang isang dura lang) - now I really don't have an excuse for getting a cab going to work, there's also a secret grocery downstairs (secret coz you wouldn't believe it almost has everything from it's size), a bakery, the Korean resto we love is also near.
The temperature's starting to drop, at mornings it goes down to 2-3 degrees and the central heater will only be powered on by first or second week of November. I can't wait! I hate freezing inside my apartment.


No comments:
Post a Comment