I got this from China.
The premise is simple: Share the different names that different people call you.
Melissa - is what most people at work use to call me. I also remember that most of the people I know back in high school called me by this name. The latter being that I thought (back then) that my first name sounded cool.
Mel - is what my agents here in Beijing call me. It's the same name my friends back in Dell and my previous agents use.
Meme - This name is used exclusively by my friends from Sykes. The name was first given to me by a manager (can't believe the name escaped me) during my first few months with Sykes. Afterwards, we managed to give really "baho" names to almost everyone we work with.
I-sang - this is exclusively used by my mom when she's making lambing.
Mei-an/Mei - used by my circle of friends back in college, Salam and my bitches (former colleagues from Etel). My complete name is Melissa Anne.
Sakang - used by Ian, colleague and friend from Sykes. I call him "Bakla" in return. Go figure.
Mei Li - given by the Chinese government and is seen on my Chinese Work Permit. It means "strong" and "beautiful" in Chinese.
Bes - used by Chin and I.
Twin - used exclusively by Jarjar (note the "baho" name), my colleague and friend from Sykes. We used to look the same during our short-haired days with the company before we decided to grow our hair.
Baby - used by my ex-boyfriend of 2 years before I learned he already has someone he's calling "sweetie".
Love/Psst - used by my boyfriend slash best friend slash alipin. In return I also call him the same.
What about you? It's your turn to share the different names you go by.


5 comments:
haahhaa. in fairness, Sakang is a more acceptable term by far than being called "Tinido." Here at work, I've branded a co-worker with the said name regardless if he was tall and cute. :) The legs says it all. :)
haha..what's tinido?
only you can call me sakang, others will get a bashing or two from me =P
oh my! i have to blog about my names too...at kalahati yata ng listahan ay mga nicknames na bigay saken ni ian! hahaha!!! oist ian ano nga yung mga ginawa mo pang nickname saken...(bukod sa suzette :P)...mga names ng girls na kung ano ano! :P
im so honored to be your twin. :D
twin, hehehe..=P
I remember some of ur names back in sykes: Dang, Boobsie, Jarjar(binks), Suzette..andami ah! sa sykes pa lang! hahaha
kaya nga eh! at kay ian palang dami na!
Post a Comment