The only bad thing about my new place is that it's so frickin' hard to get up in the morning..kase ang sarap mahiga sa kama... and now that I bought quilts in time for the cold weather..ay sobra..para akong nasa clouds whenever I'm in bed. It's soooo hard to get up. So I always end up rushing and taking the cab all the way to the office. Gastos, ever!
Last Saturday night, just when I was getting ready to sleep, I got a text from a co-worker from Guangzhou that they'll be going to Tiananmen Square and I can go there to meet up with them & get the goods I asked another co-worder from Guangzhou to buy in the PI. I grabbed a friend, brought my camera and headed off to Tiananmen Square. We ended up freezing our butt's off for an hour waiting for those co-workers to arrive. I was just glad I brought my camera and took a couple of shots of the locals and tourists visiting. You can check some of the pics here.
This week, the whole of China is celebrating National Day from October 1 to 3. The holiday is from Monday to Wednesday. What the locals do here is that they go to work on a weekend (Sept 29 and 30) so that they won't have to go to work on Oct 4-5 (Thurs and Friday) para mahaba vacation. Can someone suggest this to the Philippine gov't?BUT it's not the same for us lao wais (foreigners). Unfortunately, we had to show up for work, and for me, hada din sa part time job. The good thing about going to work during the holiday is that we get x3 holiday pay and the subway is not so crowded. I can't wait for next payday so I can get those extras.
P.S. To all my former colleagues and friends from Sykes who know Jouie: He'll be visiting Beijing on the 19th. I'll be meeting up with him soooooo...kung may mga ipapadala kayo saken...wala lang..chichirya, corned beef (wala kase dito nun), pancit canton, Mr. Chips, Nova, etc...Feel free to meet up with him. :) :)


No comments:
Post a Comment