The temperature here's dropping at an alarming level. I think it has something to do with the cold front from the news I've watched yesterday. Although it sucks having to brace myself every time I have to go out because one can never expect how the cold will welcome you outside, it makes me feel excited at the prospect of an early winter. Hopefully the snow this year lasts for more than 2 days like what happened last year.
Oh, my bestfriend right now is this. It's only in Beijing that I have the need to find out the weather all the time. I can't just cross my fingers and hope the weather won't force me to hail a cab to go home. I almost caught a frost bite last year. I swore to myself it won't happen again..or else I won't leave home at all.
---
One thing I like about being here is how my geographically challenged self has improved. Well, it's actually a small change. Because even though I now know where East or West is, I still rely on my mental picture of Beijing's subway system to know how I'm gonna go from one place to the next. Although at the moment, my latest "lifestlye" according to Cujo is taking a cab when going to my full-time job. My excuse being that it allows me to wake up later and it enables me to go to my part time job at the end of the day.
I'm still at my part time job by the way. I surprised myself because I found the part time-data encoding/photo-scoring interesting than my full time-managing Filipino, Chinese, and Russian agents. I guess doing stuff which I normally don't do interested me more. If they offer me the same pay and benefits they're offering me at my full time job, I'll drop the latter in a heart beat. I'm sick of call centers.
Tuesday, October 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment