
May contribution na ako sa Nokia community!
I almost didn't show up for my first part time job. I got a return email offering me a job as a language editor. In other words, ako ang mag check kung tama ang mga Tagalog translations nila sa N81. (I get a kick out of changing my cellphone's language to Tagalog back in the PI..seeing the phone menus in Tagalog is a riot.)
I eventually showed up after lunch and was ushered to a low-ceilinged office with lots of people tinkering with cellphones. Turned out they were on a tight deadline that same afternoon. So they couldn't afford not finishing the Tagalog language check-up if me decided not to go.
So I did! And it was a funny experience. Natatawa ako sa ibang translations but my partner (Chinese guy who takes down whatever corrections I'm showing him) can't seem to get why I'm laughing so I just saved it till I'm out of the building.
Here's some funny translations I saw (and ahem..changed) in the phone:
Latest updates - Pinakabagong pagpapasariwa (panget pakinggan daba?)
Web search - Aking Laman ng Paghanap (say what?!?)
eto ang da best...
Slider (slide phone kase) - Dumadausdos na Takip (san ka pa?!)
The phone's scheduled (as per rumor) to be launched 4Q of this year. So sa mga bibili jan sa Pinas, check nyo yung Tagalog language...ako nag edit ng mga words dun! Hahaha!
Finally, I'm a part of something! Charing!


No comments:
Post a Comment