Friday, January 19

Getting Sick / Getting a Part Time J-O-B

Being independent has its downs..and I just experienced it AGAIN here in Beijing.

I rented an apartment when I was still in Manila. I remember how it sucks everytime I get sick. No yaya to get medicine for you..not even a mom to remind you to actually drink it. I just had my Cujo who would stop by before or after his shift to bring me food and medicine or to plain stay with me if it's his rest day.

Well, it's different now that I'm outside PI. Even if I'm with my agents sharing the apartment, I can't just go knock on their doors and ask for their help because I'm sick. I have pride, ya know. *yeah, stupid pride will get me killed someday

Heck, I got sick 3 days after I returned from the 'business trip' to PI. I think it's the very cold-very hot-very cold again that did it. Or maybe it's my excessive smoking ever since I got back that triggered it. *O well

Anyway, it was a nasty experience. I was asleep most of the time. I couldn't drink my meds because I'm too sick to prepare me some food to eat. I went on a 'pancit canton' diet coz it's the easiest food to prepare. *Yeah, I managed to bring w/ me the ever famous Lucky Me Pancit Canton Calamansi and Chili-mansi flavor...Yum

I was out for two days..heck, this is the third day but I forced myself to get my butt back to work. *Why?

My boss called and said she's gonna bring me to the hospital if I don't get any better. THAT, kinda cured me. I'm scared shit of hospitals..well, hospitals here in Beijing I guess. Just being on the same street where people spit like hell makes me sick..what more if I'm in an actual sick place?! *Can't imagine..won't imagine.

~~~

In other news, I'm on the look out for potential part time jobs. *Yeah, yeah, it's still me writing here. Don't get shocked, people change ya know

I applied for a part time restaurant staff and a teacher's assistant. The latter pays more so I guess I'd show up for my scheduled interview tomorrow.

I used to hate job ads saying 'Native English speakers - a requirement'. My colleague here was nice enough to enlighten me that we're actually one of the 'Native English speakers' the ads were talking about. *smart ass

So yeah, here's to hoping I'd be well enough to show up for the interview. Heck, I'm already contemplating if I should just bring my stilettos with me and wear my boots on the way to the interview. Just thinking of commuting on heels on board a bus makes my feet cringe.

No comments: