Sunday, June 18

Choices..



I've resigned from my stint with Macromedia..and now I'm with D.

Ask me if I love my work there and I'd answer you with something like..
"I've had the best years with MM..with D it's different.."

People at work's competitive. Stack ranks are being generated almost every week and they will base how they'll look at you through your team's performance. So far, I've been lucky because my team's one of the best.

The thing that sucks here is the amount of pressure, workload, and stress we managers go through in a daily basis. I leave for work feeling down because in spite of the pay which we're not actually happy about (some promises broken by MNGT), it's also a huge effort on my part to motivate myself in order to influence my team to have a winning attitude towards work. Often times I'd feel thankful and refreshed only after I spent time with my team sharing jokes and what-have-you's ..sometimes I get a boost of confidence because I know my direct manager is attentive and involves herself with my team.

I am starting to be flighty. A manager from our pioneer batch just resigned and I'm hearing a lot of news that some are starting to update their resumes. As for me? I sometimes wish I haven't left MM (but hey, I had my personal reason for leaving)..oftentimes I tell myself to stick with D because of the many possibilities it can give me. With that, I am currently looking into trying my luck as a Process Lead. I'm getting tired of handling people and would like to concentrate more in improving processes.

In the end, I have my team, my friends at the office, my Cujo and friends who still haven't disowned me inspite of my constant absence (bec of work) to push me whenever I feel down...and last but definitely not something I can disregard, my never ending duty as the family's breadwinner, to convince me that I can't give up just yet.

No comments: