Monday, December 19

Where to?

the unexpected and the most dreadful thing ever imaginable finally happened last week.

It blew us off.
It blew everyone we know off.

I don't know what's going to happen now..
I try and pretend to function normally while all this is unfolding..
but I can't pretend all the time.
I feel my feet buckling and my one wish is for the ground to finally open and swallow me up.

I love you to death..but I no longer know where to go from here.
She's the only one holding on. Your family has finally accepted the fact. I guess my family does too.

How can we finally tell her that there's no way anyone can break us up?
Do we gag and bag her then send her to some distant place?
How I want her to disappear so we can get on with our lives.
I know i sound heartless but for her to fight for a union that is no longer there is futile.
Might as well pack the dignity I'm not sure she still has and leave.

I may be judged by posting this one but I don't know where to turn to anymore.
Close friends can only give enough support and encouragement that we will get through this..
but I really don't know what tomorrow will bring us.

Ask me if i want this nightmare to end and I'll say yes.
Ask me if i want to let go of the man I love dearly and I'll say no.
Ask me if i know where i'm going with all this; I'll shake my head and say no.

No comments: