We started on borrowed bikes and we realized it felt nice to see a different side of Beijing; one that is not normally seen when on foot or in a car..
I think the last time I rode a bike was back when I was still in high school. I remember my summers filled with trips to my friends' home so we can go around the neighborhood on bikes. I used to bike to my high school friends' house whenever my boyfriend was visiting me at home. I know I was mean back then but that's not the topic of this blog so let's continue..
Since it has been a long time that I rode a bike, I was quite surprised that I didn't even waggle during my first attempt. We started biking towards short distances like the supermarket but we quickly advanced to going to our usual weekend haunts that takes us 40mins to an hour to cycle to.
I even managed to cycle to and from work this week. It took me 40 minutes since I was trying to gauge if it's faster to go through the ring road. I'm proud to say that today it took me only 30mins to cycle home from work today.
I am officially hooked. Cycling is the perfect way to avoid public transporation during the swine flu outbreak, save money and get some exercise without having to spend money enrolling in the gym. Yey!


No comments:
Post a Comment