Friday, April 24

Trip Home

My vacation last March was the most fruitful and most fun compared to my past trips.  Mainly because I was able to do a lot and I even managed to go to the beach during my two-week stay.
First week:
- During my first week, I managed to get my hair cut.  No rebond done this time as I decided to stick with the cheaper Hair Strengthening thing they have in China - the effects are actually the same and I didn't hafta wait until I can get back to Manila.  
-I met up with Chin because she went with me to POEA (to do my OFW thing) and we headed off to Croc Grill at Shangri-la to have a couple of drinks with Jey, Elma, Jo, and Marlon.  I was finally reunited with San Mig Light.  Beer in China pales in comparison to our beers back home.
-That weekend, we headed off to our 4-day trip to Boracay with my bitches Emer and Vianca, Jhon and Benz, Hazel and Mike.  We had a blast doing the reef walking, island hopping, paraw sailing, sipping margaritas and lounging by the beach in the afternoon..and of course, stuffing our faces with food.  Walang diet diet..vacation nga eh!

I went home with a weird sun burn on my face.  It looked like not putting on sunblock on our last day and buying pasalubongs along D'Mall was the culprit...I got scorched while still wearing my sunglasses.  I looked like a raccoon. Yay.  But it was all worth it.  Although Boracay is way commercialized now than 3 or 5 years ago, my 4th trip there will still be one for the books.  I had a great time with friends. 

2nd Week:
- I managed to have dinner with my college barkada: Preggy Sasa, Cathy and Budot.  We initially decided to have dinner at Grilla at Libis but when I got there before 6pm, it was still closed so I ended up waiting for them at the Old Spaghetti House.  I had a great time catching up with them and reminiscing about our old college days.  After our dinner, Sasa already went ahead because she's still on house arrest because of her delicate pregnancy.  Cathy, Budot and I went up to Grilla to have margaritas to end the night.  
 - I was also able to play catch up with old Macromedia/Adobe friends.  I actually felt sorry because I wasn't able to advise everybody about the dinner.  I just managed to message a few that I'm still in contact with using Facebook.  I told everyone that dinner will be at Gerry's Grill Glorietta 5 and we actually got there first at 7pm.  Nakalimutan ko na Filipino time pala itong mga friends ko so we ended up waiting until almost 8pm. 

Ian was the first to arrive and the others started trickling in.  We ended up taking up most of the tables in the resto because our group ended up with 14 people in attendance.  I had a blast talking about old times especially now that Adobe CS has announced that support will be transferred to a different company.  Some of these people I last saw about 3 years ago when I left the company to work for Dell.  
- And last but not the least, my ultimate reason for coming home last March - my brother's graduation.  Again, I am a proud ate.  I feel like a proud parent watching my brother go up on stage to receive his diploma.  Nakapag pa graduate na din ako sa wakas!

My being away actually helped me be closer to my family.  It rings true when they say distance makes the heart grow fonder.  After 2 or so hours braving the hot humid temperature on the grounds of San Beda, we headed off to Max's Restaurant for our family celebration.  My siblings are far taller than me.  Blame scoliosis.  At least I don't look like I'm actually the eldest.  HEhe. 

So there you go, I'm actually still too lazy to do a decent post but I hope the photos taken by my polaroid will suffice.

Til my next trip home...


No comments: