---
Nov 29

Last Saturday, we went with Liza, Apple, Hazel and Susy to Tianjin. It just took us a 30min bullet train ride from the uber cool Beijing South Railway station. It's even nicer than Manila's NAIA 3 terminal.
There really wasn't that much to see in Tianjin save for a couple of bridges and this 8-year old clock near the train station.We ventured into this looooong road filled with shops and malls that looked more like Beijing's Wangfujing shopping street. At the end of that long road is the Xikai Catholic church. We ended up tired and hungry. We just went and grabbed a cab to the food street then later on went to the street markets to shop for souvenirs. I just managed to buy 2 knock off Ugg boots. Pede ng pang harabas during winter. Hehe!
to check out some more photos, you can go here:

---
Dec 1
I am thankful for all those who took time to send me messages (offline msg, facebook, friendster), and for those who sent me SMS and called me (Jar and Porns).
I woke up early last Monday because my day was pretty full. I headed off to Salon 88 at Carrefour to have my annual (note the annual) rebond session, hair treatment, and hair cut. It took around 3-4 hours to finish then I shopped for a thick jacket for winter then finally bought some groceries.
As soon as I got home, I found out that I had 3 missed calls from my boss. Did I tell you that I was scheduled to watch the Kylie Minogue concert with my boss? Yeah, I felt special that day as my boss and her friend from the same office treated me to dinner first at Alfa (just across the concert venue) before the event.
The picture above was taken from my new HTC Touch HD which I got last Sunday. As for the concert, although we got the nosebleed seats (literally), I quite enjoyed it. I'm not one to bitch about it as I didn't shell out any money - my boss paid for the tickets. We managed to jump a couple of seats because there were a few empty ones when the show finally started.I absolutely lurv Kylie M...she is so cool. But I must remind myself not to watch concerts again with my boss. I was pretty much ok during the first half even though I'm seeing her in my peripheral texting away. I just told myself that getting to watch this concert won't happen twice so I just stood up and danced to her songs not caring if I'm the only one from our group having fun. What's even disconcerting was when the two bosses I was with started dancing during the last part of the concert. Trauma much?
The crowd was pretty much prim during the first few songs but we all went wild during her encore. We were all shouting "I should be so lucky" knowing that it will be the highlight of her concert. Well, Kylie did not disappoint. It was her last song and everyone left with huge smiles on their faces.
The night didn't end yet as my boss asked if we can stop by for a quick drink at the Pavillion which is just outside the venue. I had fun but I didn't notice that I actually got dizzy drinking two glasses of vodka and Sprite. I am old! At least I got drunk (dizzy) on my birthday.
My birthday celebration isn't over yet as my Filipino friends and Susy will bring food and drinks this coming weekend for a little get-together. =D
Again, thanks to those who remembered (hurray for Facebook and Friendster birthday reminder)! Haha!



No comments:
Post a Comment