Wednesday, November 21

December vacay

I finally got my plane tickets after a gruelling couple of weeks tormenting HR to get the money to book the tix. I flipped when they asked me to pay for the tix first then get it reimbursed. No way I'm goin to wait forever to get my money reimbursed.

So anyway, I'll be going home on the 2nd week of December til the 3rd. I'm hoping this time I get to see more friends than my 2-day trip last January.

Here are a few things I'll need to adjust to once I'm back in the PI:
- Ima need to learn how to shut up when I want to make okray. Here kase pede ka mang okray kahit kaharap mo na yung Intsik..di ka kase nila maintindihan if we speak Tagalog! One of the perks when living in another country.
- Ima need to re-learn how to be cautious when it comes to my belongings. Here kase I feel safe. No metal detectors on mall entrances, police stations are stationed everywhere, and the cabs are comfortable and the taxi drivers can understand my Chinese directions.
- Ima need to learn how to cross the streets properly. Jaywalking is normal here in Beijing, I just hafta be wary of motorists and those on bikes not following traffic signs as well. =/
- I don't hafta always look down when I'm walking. It's only in Beijing that the streets are riddled with spits and hawking locals trying to get rid of excess "laways" because it's supposedly "bad for their health if they don't let it out". Double grossness.

In the end, I'm stoked that I'll be vacationing at home. I get to eat my fave dishes, visit my fave restos and be with my fave friends.

Can't wait!

No comments: