Thursday, May 10

Rant and Rant

*the thing I hate about being an 'OFW' is that everytime the Peso wins over the Peso Dollar rate, a part of me breaks. I mean, when I was back home I'd be all glad for my country but now that i'm on the outside and sending $ home, seeing my hard earned moolah shrink everytime the Php recovers is the absolute pits. When I first got here the peso dollar rate was like P49 to a $1, now it's P47 to a friggin' $1.

It's a pain having to convert my ¥ to $ and then to Php every time I have to send money home because the amount sent last month won't have the same worth as the current month.

C'mon, give the OFWs a break here!


*..and i thought the 'i hate being responsible' stopped or at least mellowed when i managed to separate myself from my family by moving here. I was so f#!ckin wrong.

I mean, I don't really mind that I send money every month. It's the least I can do with what's happening back home. It's one of the reason I wanted to work abroad. Now, we finally got the cable back on, computer now has DSL, and some debts are starting to get paid. But when I start getting IMs from sibs asking for money because one wants to get a PSP and one wants to borrow money to pay off a loan...even before they ask the "how r u stuff is just plain arrrrghhh!!

I'm not mean, but I'm no ATM machine either.

Tuition fees and monthly entregas are tolerable, but that, coupled with the shit I mentioned above??! I've developed a phobia for going online in YM. Heck, I now use the "appear offline" mode just so I can see who's online first before I show myself.

But hey, it's just me and my bitching.

'nuff said.

No comments: