Thursday, April 19

Shenme? (What?)

Yes, folks. The long wait is over. He's finally here. At last!

To tell you honestly, I'm stoked and scared at the same time. Scared because we're together but in a different setting. No one's complaining, though. I am happy!

We spent the first few days trying to fix our room because he just brought a lot of stuff with him (talo pa nya ko ng pumunta dito!). I showed him around: we went to my fave mall at Wangfujing, went to Nurenjie and bought me a laptop (Yey!) oh, and I managed to get us lost...it's me and directions..they don't really get along. What else? We went to the 3 large malls in front of Beijing Zoo. The biggest one was like Divisoria - a lot of meiwenti stuff, the other 2 malls were like ukay-ukay. Let me tell you, once you've been to these shopping places, you don't ever want to shop elsewhere because everything is friggin' cheap! (oh, and my target of buying him something turned out to be half a dozen shirts for me..oh, well).

Oh, and he got the sniffles for the first two days. Probably the change in temperature and the fact that dust were everywhere. Worse thing was he managed to make me hawa. I still got the sniffles. Sayang di pa naman na ko sipunin dito Beijing.

Showing him around made me exercise what little Putonghua I managed to learn while I'm here. I can now ask for the price and haggle in Chinese without asking for help (i sometimes still take a few seconds to translate what they're saying though). Sometimes I still give this clueless look because I'm mentally reciting the numbers so I'd know which is which (yi, er, san, si, wu, liu, chi, ba, jiu, shi).

me: Duo shao qian? (Magkano to?)
store clerk: yi bai liu shi (160 yuan yang shirt)
me: tai gui le! (ang mahal!)
me: yi bai er shi (120 na lang!)


*after much haggling, and playing the aalis-na-kunwari-pero-magpapahabol-lang-sa-tindera game, we finally got the shirt for the price we wanted =D. I actually wanted to bargain for yi bai (100 yuan) pero baka isipin ng boyfriend ko sobrang barat ko. Haha!

Moral of this post is: sarap mag shopping dito! Hahah!

No comments: