Sunday, December 3

Bday in Beijing

It was a frustrating yet hilarious Bday spent in Beijing...



I was up early to go to the Police Station two blocks from our apartment to get our temp residence visa.

I was playing with my phone while our landlady does the talking..







After the Police Station..we were off to the mall to spend our first salary!! Whooopeee!

Me feeling like a tourist on my rest day!

Little do we know that our pay hasn't arrived yet!






We went to this open air flea market where you have to take a looooong and cold walk before you get there..

Little did I know I'll regret going around the place while my toes start to freeze..









Tobal (the only guy-gay in the group), Ester, and I still enjoying the walk..again feeling like a tourist.









There we were..with still no pay..doing some window shopping while freezing..

I bought an additional pair of socks because my toes are really starting to get numb. We had to combine our strengths just to get my boots to close..I was wearing foot stockings and 2 pair of socks so go figure!

In between fitfuls of laughter and incessant stares from strangers (because we foreigners were really making a scene)..we were finally able to close my boots. I had to limp all the way to the nearest KFC so I can rest my feet. Daym..that was a near brush with frost bite. So much for my birthday!

After 8 hours outside and wishing we can already spend our much earned pay..we went to the bank (for a 3rd try) at around 6pm (still early), and finally got our wish!

And you know what came next...

S H O P P I N G ! ! !

No comments: