2 days and 3 nights..
So far, I've yet to adjust to the fact that I'm already in Beijing. I've to learn how to work the chopsticks (but I always bring a fork =P) and to learn basic Chinese to survive the daily what-have-you's like commuting and shopping!
The friggin' cold makes my sniffles appear and disappear depending on whether I'm inside a building or out in the streets...
I've bought a pair of knee-high boots because my stilletos I brought with me is making my feet ache like hell. We hafta do a lot of walking as there are designated bus stops here. It's crazy how we have to wait for a number 702 or 653 bus and somehow miss the stop because we were a couple of seconds late in approaching the bus exit. It's crazy here!
I also bought a down-jacket so I can brave the streets without my teeth chattering and without me having to wear layers and layers of clothes that makes me look like I'm twice my weight. *Can't imagine what it would be like when it's already snowing. We'd all look like penguins waiting for the bus.
The apartment we're able to find is cool becuase it has everything. My room even has a computer with dial-up access..and I even have a terrace where I can smoke and lounge. **Double star
The thing we have to get familiar with since we're not tourists but OFWs is to not convert everything in Peso. Everything here is cheap..the appliances, the phones, the food (o yes, the food!!) and I can't wait for my reimbursement and my first pay check to buy stuff.
The thing I miss eating is rice. We ate at this restaurant and the rice took so long for them to serve that we ended up eating everything without it! Arghh..I hafta get used to this!
Saturday, November 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment