Breaking the Silence
Silence can be good. It can give you solitude. You can take that moment to think things through. Reminisce a bit...remembering old times..good..bad..whatever..
But sometimes silence can be scary...
Awkward silence...unwanted silence..dead airs...staring blankly into nothingness...
Maybe it's because I don't want to take that second to think things through. I don't welcome that certain moment where I'll see my whole life flash before me. Tsk..tsk..
Who am I running from? Someone you know, someone I know?
I know...it's me. I am running away from myself.
Silence is like a knock on the door..reminding you to take a moment to reflect...
When the moment hits me, I plug on some music and listen to it while strolling, while riding...when I don't like the person I'm with..
It's my way of pondering. It makes me feel like I'm in a music video or a movie and it's playing my theme...
Maybe I'm just a scaredy cat...
frightened to finally come face to face with myself...
to finally know what I've been missing all my life.
I dunno..
Maybe someday I'd welcome the sound of nothingness....
...we'll see.


No comments:
Post a Comment