If you double click on the picture above, you'll see that the prices are really cheap. But notice the 'Maintenance Renal' treatment. I had to suppress my laugh and asked my Chinese friend, Susy what it meant. The treatment is something for the kidneys - 'nuff said.We had the foot massage for 28RMB ($4) and the cupping treatment for the same price. Really cheap considering that it's fairly hard to find a reputable place (that doesn't require you to pay an arm and a leg) like these that doesn't offer "extra services".
Cupping refers to an ancient Chinese practice in which a cup is applied to the skin and the pressure in the cup is reduced (by using change in heat or by suctioning out air), so that the skin and superficial muscle layer is drawn into and held in the cup.
The picture above does look scary when you think about but it felt like being given kiss marks. Teehee. Once the 14 cups were on my back, I could hardly move. They leave the cups for 15 minutes then you end up with circular marks on your back. It definitely alleviated some of the back pains I was having plus my back looks like Keanu Reeves' in the Matrix. The marks or subcutaneous bruising will be gone in about a weeks' time.
They say that the part of your back with darker bruising mean it's your problem area and that the cup was able to remove a lot of 'bad' or 'cold' air.
===
I'm a late bloomer when it comes to puzzles. Just last Sunday, we managed to buy some real cheap 3d puzzles. I managed to finish the 3d puzzle of the Great Wall of China in one sitting.Someone told me that puzzles aren't supposed to be finished in one sitting but I'm excused as this is the first time I'm doing it. As of writing, I was already able to finish a 3d puzzle version of the Tiananmen Sqaure and St. Basil's Cathedral.
=========
I got this notebook from the Toy Market just behind HongQiao Market. They sell really cute notebooks but this was the one I bought.I haven't written on it yet as I'm having a hard time thinking on what to write lest I waste this pretty pretty notebook.
I'm thinking to use this instead once I finally go and study Chinese with Hazel.




2 comments:
in the philippines, cupping is more commonly referred to as ventuza.
on the puzzle, i think your friend is right. hehe sayang kasi. nonetheless, at least you had fun. oh and so love that notebook! its blue! :)
wow, i didn't know ventuza pala tawag dun.
re the puzzles, i'm onto my 7th 3d puzzle na..haha..it's hard trying to not finish it at one sitting..but ur right..as long as I'm enjoying it. lol
oh oo nga pla you love blue. hehe =P
Post a Comment