It's weird for someone outside her comfort zone and away from loved ones but exploring new places could say that it's boring. I know, I'm weird like that. I've been here for more than 3 months. I'm past the "surreal" state and finally gathering up my starry-eyed self to face the challenge of living here in Beijing. I get surprised when I encounter that familiar feeling of boredom and laziness I often felt back in P.I. I can't help but hit myself a few times in the head whenever I get the feeling.
Cujo was right when he said that once i "get the hang" of the job and mastered it I'd feel bored and antsy. The only difference with me living here is that looking for another job won't be a piece of cake unlike back home. It's just that there's not much to do here at work. My work day consist of: checking my mail (20mins- Outlook and Yahoo mail), filling up reports (30mins to an hour, depending on what type of report I'm doin'), fulfilling impromptu demands by my boss then the rest I use to browse the net, chat, check my Friendster, and blog. This is the first job that ever let me do an "almost" limitless browsing. Kinda weird that I feel bad about it. I should've taken a job as an agent instead..but same pay. Hehe. Hit me now.
Know any interesting sites I can visit?
~~~~~

Chinese New Year was spent at work. It would've been a blast if only I was able to find a box of "tikoy" in supermarkets. It makes me wonder if Chinoys back home were the only ones who came up with the idea of eating "tikoy" during the Lunar New Year. It's all just round fruits, ginseng, fireworks and spirits during the holiday. Bummer.
I was told that the reason why they like the color red and use fireworks is that they have this old belief that a monster comes down from the mountain and terrorizes the village. The only two things to make the monster not eat you is to wear red and use fireworks. Good thing I was wearing red underwear last Sunday. Hey, now that I think about it, the government can use that ploy to cut down on overpopulation here in Beijing. Get a real monster and deport peeps not wearing red.
~~~~~

Spring Festival!
Eight parks around Beijing hold these Annual Fair during the Spring Festival. Unfortunately, we get our pay every end of the month so we were kinda running low on moolah that we ended up visiting 3 out of 8 parks: Ditan Park (Temple of Earth), Summer Palace, and Chaoyang Park (largest park in Asia). It's like their own version of 'perya': rollercoasters, haunted house, Doraemon mascots, shoot-10-balloons-with-a-dart-and-you-get-that-cute-stuffed-toy game. It's that time of the year where Chinese people have an excuse to get drunk and silly..
And I got to wear bunny ears and a wig. =D Far out!


No comments:
Post a Comment